Surely, at some point you have asked yourself the typical question: is it better to exercise in the morning or in the afternoon? Would it be better for me to go to the gym at one time or another?
If you pay attention to certain comments, it is more than certain that you will hear that “it is better to do sports on an empty stomach” … therefore, first thing in the morning would be ideal. Any. Nothing is further from reality. What you should think about is what really, to you, is good for you. Not everyone is the same and, therefore, not everyone feels the same way.
To this, we must add the factor of time. It will depend on the free time in which you can go to the gym. Therefore, the best time will always be the one that best suits you.
- The important thing when going to the gym is to know when it suits you best for a matter of time. Once you decide when it works best for you, decide to do it.
- You must think that it will always be better to be able to go to the gym to give everything than to go out of commitment, without time, in a hurry, etc. And not training properly. Better little, but train in an intense and correct way.
- It is not necessary either, to go to the gym and stay all day. If they tell you that they need many hours, it is because they are not doing something right… they will not train properly and it is certain that they will be wasting time and not working hard. There is no body that can endure daily, all day in the gym (unless you are an elite athlete) and not even with those.
- Don’t let yourself be influenced when it is said that it is always better to go to the gym on an empty stomach, because you lose more weight, more calories, etc. Not everyone likes it. In fact, on an empty stomach, many people get very tired, they get dizzy, they don’t have the same energy, etc. Therefore, let your body listen.
- Having said all this, another issue is personal priorities or tastes. We explain it. There are many people who do not like to find the whole gym full of people, others if they prefer to have more contact with others, etc. Therefore, here if we tell you what hours are (generally) the most recommended.
- Another thing to comment on. Gyms that are famous chains always have much more influx of people. Therefore, if, in fact, you don’t like to coincide with a lot of crowds, keep that in mind…
- In the mornings, when the gym opens, there are usually fewer people, so keep that in mind… and right at noon, too.
- In the afternoons, it is when more people usually go to the gym.
- Keep in mind, having said all this, that you will of course have to assess the type of exercise you are going to do. For example, if you are a person who always does directed classes, of any kind (aerobic, collective, boxing, etc.). It is recommended that it be before eating. Not only for obvious reasons, that with a full belly you can have an indisposition, get dizzy, vomit, be tired, etc. And because it must have happened better, an hour before meals, so the body is metabolizing and accelerating fat burning.
- Other people want and prefer to go to the gym after eating. With your waiting time, it will always be advisable between half an hour and an hour later and make meals that are not copious. If that time and moment is the one that suits you, then perfect. Seize it.
- If for whatever reason, work, studies or whatever reason, you can’t go to the gym or you couldn’t go to make the visit really useful, don’t throw in the towel either. For example, surely, one day you will have a day off from work or you will be able to take a day off from your studies… well, take advantage of those days to go to the gym. In the meantime, don’t forget to train. Do it in your own home or go outside, but the point is not to stand still and break everything and throw it overboard. Think that it is not much use if you do nothing for the whole week and only a day or two, you exercise.
- If your body allows it and your schedule and you like to go to the gym in the morning, your body will have benefits that you will not have with another schedule (in the afternoon or at night, for example). If you are going to go in the morning, surely, you will already know it or you will notice it, but you will have more energy. Not only that, because if in addition, your interest in the gym is to lose weight and fat, that is, to lose weight, because your metabolism is faster and therefore you will have all day to lose more fat.
- As for midday, if it is when you can escape to train or it suits you better, it will be good for you to continue losing weight. You still have all afternoon and night for the body to lose fat by having an accelerated metabolism.
- In the afternoon, if you go at that time it will depend a little, on the rhythm you have or the day you have had. There are many people who come because they have much more energy, but others are tired, stressed, exhausted from the day they have had. Experts say that this time slot to lose weight is not the most suitable. But on the other hand, if you want to gain muscle mass, strength or tone up, it will come in handy.
- If you stop training late in the day, at night, be careful because you can do more than your body can, you demand more of yourself and you can cause more injuries. On the other hand, if you burn all the energy of the day training at night, your body may have an energy afterward and an adrenaline rush that will cause you trouble sleeping at night and hence you may have insomnia and tiredness.
- The really important thing, and having a head, is to know when you can. Because, even if you want to go to the gym on an empty stomach in the morning, if you work, then obviously, you can’t go. The same as at any other time… hence, emphasizing that the ideal time to go to the gym does not exist. As is well. The best time will be and is when everyone can go and train properly. Without wasting time, not so much parapet, walks, pics… to what is important. Leave your skin and train.
What do you need
- A gym.
- Do sports or physical exercise.
We emphasize reminding you that there is no time to go to the gym and train. The best schedule will be, the one that works best for you. You have predisposition, you can go to him, etc.
And if you still have doubts about the best shift to train in the gym, don’t forget that your body speaks and has memory… if you are tired you will force it to work harder and you can injure yourself. In the morning, it is the ideal time to speed up the metabolism and lose weight, in the afternoon there is no problem, but respect the meals that are not copious and rest. And at night, you have to be careful if you have trouble falling asleep. Think that you can be after training, excited with adrenaline shot and, therefore, it will cost you more to be able to sleep. Not even sleep.