Oats is a cereal that is extracted from a plant of the Poaceae or grass family that is cultivated in different parts of the world, a food that has become very popular in recent years. Its popularity is largely due to its excellent properties when carrying out weight loss diets and also those focused on gaining muscle mass.
Oatmeal is very rich in nutrients such as protein and fiber, making it an ideal food for all those who are wondering how to gain muscle mass, so that their muscles can be more toned and defined.
Before going on to teach how to prepare oatmeal to gain muscle mass, it is important that you know this ingredient well, so we consider it important that you know its nutritional composition, as well as its properties.
Regarding its nutritional composition, it is considered a very healthy food because it has:
- Vitamins B and E, in addition to Vitamins A and C in less quantity, but still relevant.
- Proteins. It contains a high amount of essential amino acids, being one of the richest cereals in this aspect.
- Minerals. It has potassium, magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron and phosphorus.
- Others. It has fiber, unsaturated fats and complex carbohydrates.
How does oatmeal help to gain muscle mass?
Due to its nutritional composition, oats have different properties that are very beneficial for all those who want to prepare this food to gain muscle mass.
Among its properties are:
- Energy: It is some cereal rich in complex carbohydrates and minerals, being a great source of energy that contributes to the improvement of sports performance.
- Satiating: It has a great satiating property, which reduces appetite. This way you eat less between meals, which contributes to weight loss.
- Digestive: Having a high fiber content, it helps to regulate intestinal transit, which means that fewer digestive problems occur.
- Fortifiers: It is rich in protein, with eight essential amino acids. These help to form new tissues in the body, which favors the increase in muscle mass.
Instructions to prepare oatmeal to gain muscle mass
If you want to know how to prepare oatmeal to gain muscle mass, we present three different recipes that you can try to make:
Oatmeal and chocolate smoothie
One of the first ways you can prepare this cereal is with chocolate to create a delicious smoothie to gain muscle mass.
For this you will need:
- 50g oat bran
- 15g chocolate whey protein
- 5g creatine
- 2 glasses of skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
The way to do it is very simple, since it will suffice with:
- First of all, you must take all the ingredients mentioned above and add them to a glass blender. Once they are all added you must process it until you get a smoothie that is creamy.
- If you wish, you can add several ice cubes, so that you can create a fresh smoothie, ideal for the summer.
- Once you have done it, take it half an hour before starting your training for best results.
Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie
One of the best ways you can find to prepare oats in order to gain muscle mass is to create shakes that have protein and energy properties. For this, it is essential to combine oats with other ingredients that contribute to improving results.
In this case we will bet on a milkshake that must contain:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons oat bran
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon (powdered)
The way to prepare it is as follows:
- The first thing you should do is peel the banana and cut it into pieces. Place them in a glass blender.
- Then add the oat bran, skim milk and yogurt. Make the mixture and then add half a tablespoon of cinnamon powder and two tablespoons of honey.
- In this way you will have your smoothie with all its ingredients. However, if you want you can add ice cubes to keep it cool.
- Finally, you must process it until you get a creamy smoothie.
It is a perfect smoothie to have for breakfast or snack. It is advisable to take it half an hour before physical training.
Bowl of oatmeal with berries
Bowls with healthy ingredients have gained great popularity in recent years, with more and more people turning to them for breakfast. There are countless possible combinations in which you can add oats to gain muscle mass.
An example is the following, for which you will need:
- frozen oat milk
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal cereal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of ark syrup
- A handful of forest fruits and go (blueberries, strawberries…)
Once you have all the ingredients, the preparation is as follows:
- First of all, you must take an ice cube tray and start filling its spaces with goat milk, and then put it in the freezer and thus be able to create cubes from it.
- When the milk is frozen you must add it to a glass blender(3-4 cubes is enough). Next to them, introduce a peeled banana that is cut into pieces, as well as chia seeds and a tablespoon of maple syrup. Mix it until you get a creamy mixture.
- Obtained the mixture you must add it to a bowl and decorate it with berries of the forest and two tablespoons of oatmeal cereals. In this way you will have your bowl ready to drink and prepared to help you gain muscle mass.