As you well know, training should always be complemented with a good rest and a correct diet. Well, only with the combination of these three factors is it possible to achieve results in record time and with great performance. One way to supply these vitamins, proteins and nutrients that your muscles need is by making a shake. Milkshake which does not need to have any kind of special additive. Just a blender and of course the RIGHT ingredients for the smoothie to do its job. For this case we will be sharing a shake based on almond milk and oatmeal, which will become a protein bomb for those who want to gain muscle mass.
If you are interested in knowing how to create this smoothie, they kept reading this post until the end, because we already warned that it is not lost. Not to mention that it is a very rich shake and that it can also be used to nourish the little ones in the house.
Ingredients to prepare the smoothie.
Below is a list of each of the ingredients needed to prepare this smoothie based on almond milk and oatmeal.
- Two bananas.
- Three egg whites.
- An egg yolk.
- Oatmeal (You can add to taste).
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter.
- Honey (or sugar, this can be optional).
- And of course the almond milk.
You can also add a little cocoa (colcacao / Nesquik). To give it a rich flavor, the milkshake itself is delicious, but adding the chocolate will make it much more appetizing, especially if you intend to give it to children as a snack.
This smoothie is recommended to consume either as breakfast or as a snack. Especially consume it as a post-exercise shake, which means that after your training routine you proceed to drink a glass of it.
It is not recommended that it be prior to training because depending on the amount of oats you add; the shake can be very “heavy”. Not to mention that it fulfills more the function of a protein shake than an energizer, so it is better to take it after exercising.
Steps for the preparation of the smoothie.
Next we will indicate the step by step that you must follow to be able to make this smoothie:
- Step one. Peel the banana removing the skin or shell and slice it into slices.
- step two. Proceed to add the oatmeal to taste. Remember that the more oats you add, the thicker the smoothie will be. After doing that add an approximate of 260 ml of almond milk.
- step three. Then proceed to add the other ingredients that were mentioned before, i.e. The tablespoon of peanut butter, the three egg whites and the yolk (Be careful not to miss more than one, remember that the egg yolk is cholesterol). And finally the cocoa in case you want to add it and the honey or sugar to sweeten it a little (These last ingredients are optional).
- step four. And finally, as the last step to be carried out, is to liquefy everything inside the blender. Until the shake acquires a liquid consistency and all the ingredients have been mixed well.
In this way you will have ready this rich vitamin and protein shake based on almond milk and oatmeal.
Benefits of almond milk for your body.
Almond milk has a wide variety of benefits for your body. Taking into account that the shake presented uses this ingredient as a base. We consider it appropriate to explain what its benefits are.
- Rich in essential fatty acids. Perfect to be able to maintain good health in your cardiovascular system and heart.
- Does not contain gluten or lactose. This makes it a perfect ingredient for people who are lactose intolerant, it works as the perfect substitute for it. Without mentioning that it helps people with gastrointestinal problems or that it is difficult for them to carry out proper digestion.
- High content of minerals and vitamins. It is a carrier of vitamin E (a natural antioxidant) and all the vitamins belonging to group B. As for minerals, we can mention zinc, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium.
- Potassium source. As we know, potassium is synonymous with energy, so when you ingest it after a workout, it will help rebuild your body’s “battery”.
- Calcium source. Cow’s milk is reputed to be the highest carrier of natural calcium, but the truth is that this is propaganda. It has been proven that almond milk has even more calcium than cow’s milk.