You are very focused on your routine to gain muscle mass. Nothing stops you when you discover red lines on your biceps and shoulders. Stretch marks! They are often difficult to remove once they appear, but here are some tips to avoid them.
Stretch marks are scars on the skin caused by the rupture of the elastic fibers of the epidermis. A rapid expansion of the skin can generate them. They commonly appear on the abdomen, buttocks, breasts, arms, hips, thighs, and sometimes even the shoulders. Many people develop stretch marks during puberty, pregnancy, rapid weight gain or loss, or rapid increase in muscle mass.
The best thing you can do is prevent them from coming out, and you can achieve this with the following tips:
- Eat a healthy diet that includes vegetables and fruits that contain vitamins A, E, C, and zinc. Also eat foods rich in omega 3 and omega 6.
- Drink water throughout the day. Keeping your body hydrated, especially your skin cells, will prevent stretch marks from forming.
- Increase your muscle mass gradually. Otherwise you run the risk of the muscle growing very quickly and breaking the skin (causing stretch marks). Slow progress can prevent them.
- Avoid gaining or losing weight quickly.
- Moisturize your skin with topical creams or oils. Remember that the important thing is to prevent the appearance of stretch marks, because once they appear, it is more difficult to disappear.
- Exfoliate your skin at least once a week. This will help remove old skin cells and promote circulation.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun for a long time and use sunscreen. Also avoid anything that dries your skin.
- Don’t take steroids . In addition to the fact that they are illegal and cause serious health problems, they can cause you to increase your muscle mass very quickly and stretch marks are very likely to appear.