Gaining muscle mass not only benefits your figure, but also your health. Your metabolism works better when your body has more muscle and large, strong muscles not only help you use more energy (which could help you burn excess fat), but also help you regulate your hormones naturally and you get less tired.
Here are some tips that will definitely make a difference in the results you are getting.
- Sleep more. Yes, sleeping not only helps you have more energy the next day (and be in better spirits) but it will make your muscles grow faster and faster. It is at night that most of the repair and adaptation of the muscles occurs.
- Drink more water. If you are well hydrated your metabolism works better and also allows you to lift more weight. Yes, when you are perfectly hydrated you lift more weight!
- Increase weight or endurance. Without this ingredient, everything else is useless. The muscle increases in size (and therefore in strength) when it is stimulated with exercises that take them almost to the limit. Deplete the energy of your muscle cells and enjoy the effects of using your muscles to the fullest. Just be very careful not to hurt yourself. Increase volume (weight x reps) gradually.
- Rest more. In the night and in the day. If you train the same muscle group every day you don’t give it the opportunity or the time to repair itself. If the exercise was intense or it is the first time you try an exercise, the pain will clearly indicate that you need rest. Give your muscles more days and you will see the difference.
- Eat better. Not just protein. Your body needs many nutrients (vitamins and minerals) and energy (carbohydrates and fats) to help your muscles grow in size.
- Be patient. Yes. It won’t be quick, but it will be worth it.